Outreach Survey for Center City Business Community
We are seeking the opinion of the center city business community with respect to our Outreach Program. Please complete the following form and email back to our Director of Chronic Homelessness, David Holloman. The submit field will send the form to him.
OUR AIM IS TO MAKE HOMELESSNESS RARE, BRIEF AND NON-RECURRING THROUGHOUT THE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA.
What You Can Do
- Help is available. Call Homeless Outreach day or night at 215-232-1984.
- Volunteer and donate.
- Buy a copy of One Step Away.
- Homeless advocates suggest you not give money to panhandlers.
- Mental Health First Aide Training. If someone is interested in it. Please contact Department of Behavioral Health at 215 685 5440.
What’s Being Done
Philadelphia is a World Class destination for tourists, residents and new businesses. Major construction projects have caused many homeless people to change their daily patterns, creating a higher level of concern in Center City.
The Office of Homeless Services of the City of Philadelphia is aware of this issue. It exists to provide leadership, coordination, planning and the mobilization of resources to address homelessness . . . . .
. . . . . And We are Making Progress
There are many organizations working together to end homelessness in Philadelphia.
- Last year we virtually eliminated veteran homelessness.
- In early 2016 no families were found living on the street.
- Affordable housing with social services has an 85% success rate in preventing a return to homelessness.
Homeless Outreach and Placements: Fiscal Year 2015
What is needed
Resources to establish more affordable housing with social services